View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 02:49 PM   #13
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttman View Post
I have 5 of the exact same tires, and my tire shop set mine at 100psi. They said 100psi gives room for expansion up to the 110psi max on the side without being too high and having expansion pressure above 110. A lot of people have said they do 110. I think some of it also depends on your rigs loaded weight, etc. I have been happy with 100psi so far so I’m sticking with it. We aren’t retired yet so I’m not towing thousands if miles like some on here are either..
The max 110 pressure is for COLD tires, not hot. The tires will heat to well above 110 with NO issues. I run mine at 108-110 depending on how heavy I am. Problem with running low tire pressure than what is required is sidewall flex from under inflation. This will cause blow outs from weakening sidewalls from all the flexing. It also causes the tires to heat up more than normal. I have seen tire shops that never checked a load chart an just inflate to what they “think” the tires should be, and they were wrong. Like has been pointed out previously, there should be a safety margin in your psi of about 10%-15%. If you never weighed your rig and check the load chart you will not know for sure if your psi is correct. If you run your tires with a higher psi, they will wear better and roll better with lower temperatures because of less flex and friction.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote