View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 06:11 AM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We travel across different states and when it comes to diesel, it seems every state is different. I pain-stakingly make sure I've got the right pump for diesel.

Indiana is about as confusing as it gets too, because there is "truck diesel" and "auto diesel". The truck diesel is exempt from tax that fuel is taxed a different way. So when pulling up to a diesel pump in a truck stop, you never know which pump is the right one. This is another reason why I never go to truck stops, especially in Indiana. I stick with normal gas stations and look for the "auto diesel" sign, even when maneuvering their bays is a challenge.

Yep, even at the pump itself you've got to be careful if you go by the color of the hose handle. And the E-85 mix and you now, you can NEVER let your guard down.

I'm glad you were able to get the matter resolved before any serious damage happened to your truck. It makes me wonder though ... someday, when we all have to plug our vehicles in to recharge them and there is no other choice, if someone in their infinite wisdom and greed will devise a way to convince the consumer that high test electricity is more expensive than low test electricity, or maybe charge a higher price for Kilowatt for a faster charge and less per Kilowatt for a slower charge? Who knows? And if you plug into the wrong one, you zap all your batteries!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote