View Single Post
Old 06-19-2022, 03:22 PM   #15
MGVenne
Established Member

M.O.C. #27469
My wife and I returned from a trip from Springfield, MO to Myrtle Beach and return. Somewhere along the way, we picked up some diesel fuel contaminated with water....a lot of water. Never lost power, but only got 8 mpg (usually average 11-12 mpg). My “water in fuel” warning light came on, but that it a cautionary light (yellow), not a red warning light. I just assumed I would change my water separator filter when I got home. I brought the Ram to my dealer to have some routine maintenance done, and check out the water in fuel issue. Well, the checked out the fuel problems and...the first question he asked me was “do you have full coverage on your insurance?” He said that I needed to replace the entire fuel system.....drum roll please....$26,800.00! After I regain consciousness, I called GEIGO to start a claim. Three days later the adjuster went to the dealership, did the inspection, and APPROVED the entire amount...all $26,800.00 worth, minus my $250.00 deductible. Truck should be done next week. The dealership has already received the check from GEICO.
2018 Ram 3500 dually
MGVenne is offline   Reply With Quote