View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #1
GypsyJason

M.O.C. #30974
Unhappy Problem with Thetford 42072 - CORRECTION unknown DOMETIC MODEL

-- Correction, apparently the factory was wrong, this thing is a dometic. Found the little sticker that says so.... Rest of the post still applies.

Owner of a 2016 Montana 3720 RL

I believe this is the original toilet. I recently noticed its leaking around the base. my original thought is the seal between the toilet and the floor but after much YouTubing and Googling, it seems many toilets have other inner seal leaks....

Unfortunately my problem seems unique to what I'm reading. It ONLY does its leaky thing when I partially depress the foot pedal to fill the bowl for the good ol #2. Shortly after filling the bowl (with water), I'll notice some leakage around the base.

This doesn't happen when flushing.
This doesn't happen when filling the bowl with externally pouring water into it.

So I think it has something to do with the valve operation. I'm a very handy person but wanted to get some advice / options from other owners who might have already had the same problem....

Is it worth removing the toilet and disassembling it and fixing it.... Or would I be better off buying a new toilet altogether....?

Thoughts, advice...?

Thanks so much...!

Gypsy Jason
GypsyJason is offline   Reply With Quote