View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:12 AM   #13
copperminer

M.O.C. #27429
Thank you so much for the detailed description and photos of your installation. They are a big help to me for my planning for the installation. I have a 2021 Montana 3120RL and I believe the closet in the bedroom that is preped for the washer dryer is identical to yours. But i think we want to go with the Spendide stackable washer and dryer so my dryer vent exit can be higher than yours. From your photo from the outside, it looks like if the vent was higher it could be farther forward towards the front cap. Just guessing from the photo it looks like the spot where it could go farthest towards the cap is approx. 18" higher. Does that sound about right to you? So if you vent is 18" off of the closet floor if I made mine about 36" off the closet floor, I could be a little farther forward than yours. Actually due to the way the lower portion of the closet in the back is boxed in arounf the water valves and drin line there is a shelf like area at 35" above the closet floor. I would like to lay the vent hose on/along that shelf which would put the center of the vent hose at about 38" where it goes through the wall. That would keep the vent hose above the water valves and drain line box. According to the dimension sheet I have for the stackable washer/dryer the dryer vent on the back of the dryer will be 39-1/4" off of the closet floor and if it goes through the wall at 38" that would have the vent hose sloping downhill approx. 1-1/4" between dryer and wall. So if you don't mind I would like your opinion of my plan and if your unit is easily accessible could you get a few measurements for me? Could you measure up from the center of your vent on the outside to the height that would allow the vent to be moved furthest forward towards the cap? The tell me how much farter forward you think I could go and not be too close to cap edge. Also could you measure up 20" from the center of your vent and tell me how much I could move the vent forward towards the cap from where yours is without getting to close to the cap edge at that height. Thanks
copperminer is offline   Reply With Quote