View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 06:59 AM   #36
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
sameo sameo

Have a friend that had a 6 months old Teluride smaller 5`er. Coming back from a trip the roof started to bellow like yours. He went to the dealer and they said it was the lack of maintenance and warranty would not cover it. He was furious and threatened to sue and that shut down the communication with the dealer and unit manufacturer.
I told him we will fix it and forget about it. You do not need to remove the enter roof or even take the side strips off to reset the roof. Took the front seal strip off and ran a razor knife down the center to the A/C ( to your vent ) bought a the same glue they use at the factory on line ( $75.00 a gallon ), bought a thin blade notched trowel ( Loews ) pulled up the roof as far as we could to where it was still griping and applied glue with trowel and just laid the roof back down, glue grip very tight. Then ran 6 " wide Eternabond tape ($65.00 on line) up the cut seam and across the front where meets the cap then put the metal seal strip back on then ran another run of Eternabond tape on top of the metal seal strip. A total of 2 hours start to finish.@ 2 years later still good to go.
Some times you have to do things yourself. You have to remember who your dealing with when you call Keystone. The little mouse on the line for the most part is brainless and is there to lie to you from ignorance or is told to lie in there training. My case I was told they checked with others in the office and said they never heard of that happening ( cap fade ) and it was my fault from the lack of waxing and was not covered on a 2 month old HC, bull, my dealer had 3 not 1 but 3 other campers in the loop to paint the front cap because of fading. I called her back when I found out about this from the tech at the dealer and she still said never heard of this and denied the claim.
It was not worth the hassle and time and frustration for my friend to deal with the denials and lies from the dealer and factory so this prompted us to do the repair our self's. Easy, you can do it you just have to get over cutting the roof and you don`t have to talk to a pin head at the factory that feels they can tell you anything and you will believe it. Yeh right, can only use this or you ruined your roof, voided you warrenty LOLOLOL.
Next up, if you don``t put Nitrogen air in your tires that came in them from the factory you have voided your tire warranty, I actually heard this from a tire dealer to a customer.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote