View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 04:56 PM   #16
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I think we (all) are still getting mixed signals from those who say "yes" and those who say "no." About the time things started opening up, bam! Things tighten up again. Then there is the other problem occurring with the riots that are popping up sporadically. Some serious, some not so serious.

The Marion County Fair (Indianapolis, Indiana), opened and last night (Saturday) a group of people, reported to be about 150, stormed the gate, a fight broke out that was quite a brawl, and the Mayor of Indianapolis declare that today (the last day of the fair - Sunday), the fair is officially closed because of the trouble.

I think there is a bigger issues going on than the Virus right now. The unsettled unrest going on all over the USA right now, many the main stream media doesn't even bother to bring up or even mention in passing on the evening news, is more than enough to prevent us from traveling beyond the scope of Indiana.

On the bright side, Indiana State Parks are open and packed right now. We are making reservations for about 6 weeks out and can still get sites for an upcoming week-end. We also have a week scheduled in August and a two week trip scheduled in September, for a total of 4 Indiana State Parks.

State Parks appear to be back to normal. I haven't seen hardly anyone wearing masks, but I've also first hand observed folks being keenly aware of the 6 foot rule. And, to the best of my knowledge, there are no reported cases of Covid spring from any of the Indiana State Parks.

On the other hand, a hand full of main chain grocery stores in Indiana have announced that there is no entry into their building without a mask. But, business is pretty much back to normal.

My wife now "carries" in a hidden compartment in her purse all the time now, and when we travel with the camper, I keep my 20 gauge shot gun right beside our bed in the camper all the time now. I haven't purchased a hand gun for myself yet, I'm still debating on that. And yes, we both have lifetime permits Carry and Conceal for Indiana. This has been a big change for us, in our mind-set for safety and protection, because until this Summer, we never carried or felt unsafe. Now, it's different.

I also know, a number of my close friends are now "carrying". In a way, that could be a good thing, and then, in another way, it could be the Wild, Wild West again!

So, in short, in some ways, things are back to a sense of normal. On the other hand, it's absolutely insane! But, as long as you mind your own business, stay away from crowds and places of gathering, and just don't really discuss the current "ills of society" you can probably get by pretty good right now.

Edit: ... you can probably get by pretty good right now ... IN INDIANA!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote