View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 10:29 AM   #18
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixey & Jeff View Post
We are full-timers on the road for a few months in our 2022 38' 3231 CK. We are headed to Willis TX, where there will be two nights with temps in the upper teens early next week, and 30s during the day. With our rig's insulation, tank heaters, using the propane furnace, etc will our water lines be OK? Any additional steps that we should take? Staying here in New Orleans for a few extra days might be an option also. Thanks in advance.
You are probably through the freeze by now but in the future I would fill your fresh tank, drain your hose and put it in your pass through. Turn on your tank heaters and get some drinking water from the store. Use your water in your tank for everything but drinking water. You can always refill your tank as long as your water outlet doesn’t freeze. You might want to drip the water supply to keep it from freezing. My cousin camps in freezing weather quite a bit and has a whole system for freezing weather. He uses a heated water hose and wraps the water supply with heat tape and wraps some pipe insulation around it. If it gets to around 0 or below he stores the heated water hose and just uses the water in his fresh tank, refilling when needed. He does a lot more with heat tape etc. but you are just trying to get through a few days. I carry an extra propane tank if I will be camping in cold weather and run the furnace full time. We use a small space heater in the “cold spots” in the rv. Electric blanket is perfect at night. Stay warm!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote