Thread: Lawyer
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 11:32 PM   #45
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
It's obvious you have way more skills and experience than I do.
The only caution is a maxim that until you do something you really "don't know what you don't know". The more major the project the higher the risk that the things you don't know might bite big time.

Examples of that are all of the boat building projects that never get finished. A friend of my dad's worked decades on his boat and never finished it before he died. And the boat was only a 25 footer fishing boat.
Again, I have no idea how boat building compares, but I think there are a lot of things that would need to be researched before attempting a 5th wheel project.

Now, if you were to go ahead, I would love to see your progress. I think it would be a great project to follow!

Brad
Oh I get it that this would be a MAJOR project which is one of the reasons I haven't already started. I have however started converting my 24' enclosed trailer into a toyhauler. Next up I am looking at building a slide in camper for our long bed 1 ton dually. And then there is the workshop (or at least a full roof we need to build).

I may never get to the 5th wheel but it would be a sweet build.

And don't get me wrong, the HC381TH we currently own has served us fairly well. Its just not very well built and there is a unique floor plan out there I would love to build to show it CAN be done!!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote