View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 09:43 PM   #20
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
So, I talked to the Super Solar designer, Matt, today and learned a few more details; for those who may be interested in this solution...

-the AC units are not just a soft start added. They draw 9 amps when running, so much more efficient than normal roof top units
-they are now adding 300 watt panels for a total of 1200 watts (noted earlier)
-they will be upgrading the MPPT charge controllers to dual 40 amp models
-there is a panel in the solar system box that is removed to add another 500ah of lithium; this could be other sizes of lithium and other manufacturers as long as the charge profile matches
-they are working on a drop in package from Keystone with dual DragonFly GC3 batteries for those who want to add a turn key 510ah upgrade to a total of 1020ah
-the design goal was that this would serve to run the entire coach and in many conditions would fully charge the batteries each day
-for those who may think their usage may tax or exceed the design, they do have the upgrade path as above, but also are suggesting that a portable generator could be used. For example, in situations where a solar only solution would be taxed, such as cloud, forest, etc, then even a larger system may not be enough. Of course, one could just keep overbuilding with more panels and battery storage to account for worst case scenario... or carry a small 2000w generator to charge the batteries for those times

I do hope this information is helpful for those considering this solution.
We placed our order including the Super Solar Flex and will be trying it out later this year. I will update all once we are able to test it.

Brad
kowbra is offline   Reply With Quote