View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 12:49 AM   #9
woodman
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12256
I'm a Packer fan and although it hurt to lose the game, I'm not bitter. In OT, Palmer managed to escape a potential sack and found a wide open Fitzgerald (who someone blew coverage). Fitzgerald made great decisions in his running after the catch and almost scored. Follow that with a great call from their coach and Arizona goes on to win. That said, Green Bay had a number of sub-par performances in prior weeks. The better team won and I hope they go on to beat Carolina as Arizona has a class organization, Carolina does not. I thought our secondary wide receivers did an excellent job given their inexperience. There's an incredible amount of timing and discipline involved in being on the same page as the quarterback and you need to be able to separate from the defender and run precise routes. We hadn't been doing that in prior games. Talent and experience does matter. Rodgers is phenomenal with extending plays, and I can't help but think that if you gave him a better surrounding cast, he'd have been MVP and certainly a lot more humble and class of a guy that Cam Newton. Actually, most quarterbacks have much more class than Newton and many are very talented. Excessive celebration is divisive and disrespectful. You need to be a good winner and role, after all, you're on a huge stage. The responsibility and accountability for professional decorum and sportsmanship (no taunting, excessively celebration, etc.) starts with the player, but the coach, and the general manager are guilty for allowing it to happen.
woodman is offline   Reply With Quote