View Single Post
Old 12-10-2023, 07:22 PM   #18
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
Your information about temperatures always being mild in Huntsville is not accurate--you should expect many, many below-freezing nights in Northern Alabama during January and February. (I've spent many winters in my Montana about a hundred miles south of Huntsville.) Winter temperatures in Alabama can vary widely, from day-to-day and week-to-week, so an average low of 31 is basically meaningless. Overnight lows in the teens and twenties are very common, and the elevation of your campground will also help determine how cold it will get where you are. (Much of Alabama, including Huntsville, is in the foothills of the Appalachians.) The good thing is that temperatures usually rise above freezing pretty quickly in the morning.

I would call the campground where you'll be staying and ask what most people do there to keep from freezing up during extended stays. One big campground here just puts buckets over the spigots to keep the campground water from freezing, and allows you to plug in a heated hose or a heat tape-wrapped hose at the pedestal. They won't let you plug in anything to bring inside your rig, though, like a heater to put in your basement. It just depends on the campground.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote