Thread: Hit and run
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I have a dent on the rear passenger side of my Montana where someone clipped it when I was at a gas station. I didn't realize it until I finished pumping fuel and was getting ready to leave.

As always, I do a walk-around the camper and it gives me a chance to look at the logistics for my exit route. I noticed the corner was clobbered. I "think" I know when it happened, when a driver in a car was really irate with me, honking his horn because the tail of the camper was blocking his path because he was too stupid to go around it. I think he deliberately hit the camper and kept going.

Meanwhile I had a repair job. I got everything back in place, but did not replace the crimped J-panel. I did spray paint it and over time, the color blended right in with the existing. I had to replace the red lens on the running light and get a new bulb, but at least I didn't have to replace the entire light fixture. I thought about putting in an insurance claim, but figure the camper has a truly unique beauty mark now. Besides, my "temporary" repair was probably better than what an RV shop would have done anyway, and a lot cheaper, since I did not change out the J-panel wrap.

So yea, there are some real slobs and A-hole people out there who don't deserve the air they breathe! I bet the same guy who hit your trailer also throws his cigarette butts on the ground too!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote