View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 07:43 PM   #7
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Just for clarity. DQDick was our next door neighbor in New Mexico. He is a great guy. The vast majority of New Mexicans are very nice folks. They just live in a terrible environment. The summers are triple digits for about 3 months straight and it doesn't get below about 80 at night. That wore out both of our roof units in the 1.5 years we were there. There is very little rainfall and water shortages/rationing is a very real possibility (the park keeps a real keen eye on everyone about water usage). There is zero shade and when the wind is blowing it is carrying dust. As in dust storms are a very real thing and fairly frequent. Anything you might want to see or visit (IE: white sands, Carlsbad caverns or the mountains) are at least an hour or more away. When your not in the mountains your baking in the sun. And don't give me that well its a dry heat. 110 with no shade and dust is still hell on earth!!

IF you have the luxury of having a summer home elsewhere and just staying there in the winter then ok I guess (although it is still a nearly barren wasteland desert). Some folks like it but I don't get the attraction.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote