View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 08:13 PM   #18
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron B View Post
I feel a need to chime in with my $.02 worth at this point.

We own (and use) 3 different 5ers. Our main base in Georgetown TX is where our Mobile Suites is semi permanent. Our travel rig, the Montana, sits in the storage at our Rv park in Georgetown which we use to get out of central Texas in the late spring through the early fall. We enjoy the northern states during that time period. Our third 5er is an OLD Prowler we purchased new in 1998 which sits on 10 acres of land we own outside Ruidoso NM. That is where we are presently. We also have a long term lease on a home in central Mexico where we live normally from mid November to mid March, or so.
We are blessed to have a lot of options and we have chosen to take as many of them as we can! Living in a fiver is a great way to save money and see the US.
Being able to move around and get out of the heat during the summer makes a BIG difference in your perspective. We were stuck in the desert due to work thru the summer and it was a living hell. We did enjoy our occasional trips to Ruidoso but could not move there as it would have been too far away from the office. I really liked the people of New Mexico just not the desert (particularly in the summer).
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote