View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 11:15 PM   #8
8amps
Established Member

M.O.C. #19940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfmedik View Post
I hope they have contacted Keystone as they will probably be the ones that should do the repair. The reason I say that is they won't want to mess with it if the dealer repair doesn't hold.
A month after purchasing new, we noticed this problem. We went through Elkhart and spoke to the factory. They directed us to the dealer where we are. (We are FT and bought it in the SE, we are now in the SW). They are directing the repair.

They have already made the repair as far as the welds and reinforcing gussets go. But the question is what do they do with the whole they cut in the wall to access the bad welds? Option 1. Put molding (cheap, easy fix that of course they and Keystone want to do. Option 2. Fiberglassing over the cut section. Option 3. Replacing wall (Filon) from bedroom slide forward. This would seem to be my first choice, but they contend removing the cap and replacing that wall would be worse for seals, insulation, etc.

I thought I attached pictures last time but they didn't post so I'm sure it was on my end. I'll try again. While looking closer at these pictures to post here, I noticed there is splintering on the inside wall, in what I'm guessing is the closet. About 300 miles from RV so can't go look at it. I'm also concerned with the black at the bottom and if this is water damage.
8amps is offline   Reply With Quote