View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 08:25 AM   #4
Wally Dad
Established Member

M.O.C. #20592
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeFulltime View Post
NEVER, ever, ever, ever complete the paperwork and pay before all problems are corrected by dealer and my dealer will never be any CW!
In our case, only cosmetic issues were discovered during our "orientation." The main issue that popped my cork was that they had to file a "warranty claim" for something that was broken before we even took possesion (the rear shade) and that it would take at least two weeks before it could be fixed. This was after being jerked around for hours as their people got the trailer ready and installed the w/d. We were aware of the shade issue before signing the paper work, but thought it would be repaired at CW the same day - and it was not something that would cause us to walk away from the trailer.

The only major issues we found were not found by us, they were found by our inspector on our second day of ownership. Other minor issues didn't show up until after our first couple of weeks in the trailer.

So the bottom line is, sure, if there is a major problem that you find before signing any paperwork, go ahead and refuse to sign anything until it is fixed - which may take several weeks. In most cases, however, you're not going to discover issues until after you have used the RV under different conditions. I would highly recommend hiring an inspector and then camping for a week or so close to the dealer. That's what we did. Our mistake was thinking that any other CW dealer or Keystone service center would be glad to help us with warrently issues that were found after we took possession.
Wally Dad is offline   Reply With Quote