Thread: Wheel lube?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:39 AM   #20
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
We shall agree to disagree ... well aware of technology changes.. and I do support and like some of them...

Dexter has a nice idea BUT...

.. if you don’t jack up the axle and rotate the tire while slowly pumping grease you aren’t f9llowing the “engineers directions”

.. if it’s cold out and the grease in that grease gun is cold along with what’s in the bearing hub the viscosity has increased.. this takes more pressure to displace the old and allow new to flow thru

.. weak link in the design is rear inner bearing seal

Just pumping a few strokes.. or many strokes.. is not smart.. you can’t possibly have any idea what the condition of bearings and seals are, let alone the brakes

To each his own. I do it the old school way and tow with the peace of mind of “knowing what I got”

The reason there isn’t any grease in the cavity of the hub in a newly assembled Dexter EZ lube system is the bearings were packed by hand during assemble

The lack of a full hub cavity is clear evidence the bearings were not serviced using the zerk during assembly.

And I doubt the folks at a Keystone do anything to the bearings either

And Incarry 1 spare set of races, bearings, seals with me should there be a castatrophic failure on the road..

I will not put myself at the mercy of an RV road side service comapany

Cheers
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote