View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 10:46 PM   #13
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldg View Post
Problem: the bedroom thermostat does not turn on the furnace.

What i have done.

I have 2 thermostats. One in upper living room
One in bedroom
the one in the living room by the door when in furnace mode turns on the heat.
I feel heat in the living room and some in the bedroom.

But if the one by the living room is OFF.
and i try to turn on the heat with the one in the bedroom the furnace never comes on. Ever (is that broken?)

If i switch the bedroom thermostat to air the air cond comes on fine.
yes i know it controls the back air cond
but since there is only one furnace. I wondered if the one in the bedroom is supposed to turn it on.

I had someone come to my rv to try to fix it but he said he thought the back thermostat did not did not control the furnace ON or off.
Any help would be appreciated.

I guess i am wondering if this is broken or my brain is broken. I don't know much about rv heating.

thanks for anyone who replies.
LOL! No you have not lost your mind. I did the same thing when I first got my Monte. No one really explained that the furnace is run with one thermostat. Would have been good to know, right? Typically, the main living area thermostat controls the heat pump, if you have one, and the furnace. Can’t run both at the same time though. Cycle through the menu and you will see A/C, Heat Pump,and furnace come up. One trick i learned with the heat pump is that if you run the A/C fan in the bedroom on low it helps circulate the heat that the heat pump blows through the A/C ducting. Just make sure the A/C temp in the bedroom is turned up high enough so it doesn’t kick on the compressor. I found the heat pump is only good for temps to the low 50’s or so. Otherwise, DW says its time for the furnace. We have the “fireplace” electric heater plus a portable electric heater, and electric blankets. The electric heaters do a good job keeping us warm down to the lower 30’s to supplement the propane furnace. In the AM we kick on the propane furnace and warms us up pretty quick. So now you know!! Stay toasty!!
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote