Thread: Caps lights
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 07:53 AM   #2
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Bob & Sandy, I replaced all my CAP lights with Boogie Lights. But for just the factory replacement it's pretty easy. Remove the existing light strip and remove the silicone they use to adhere it with. I'm sure you can order those amber lights on line and not have to go through Keystone. The CAP light strip ties into just two wires (black & white) and should be on the right (driver's side) for the main harness. There will be a hole probably covered in silicone, where the factory power and ground wires feed in through. The two lower harnesses will have the same wiring for each strip. When removing the factory harness and cutting it from the red and black wires, do not let it fall inside the CAP or you will turn an hour long project into an all day one trying to fish that out. Oh, I recommend from Boogie Lights is their adhesion promoter that you brush on prior to sticking your light strip on. It will keep your light strips securely mounted.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote