View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 03:00 PM   #29
azeagleye
Established Member

M.O.C. #22231
Lithium Batteries

I don't know about you but I'm best buds with the local dealership service manager and I pester him with questions but do most of the work myself. Not so with my lithium batteries but we discussed the subject a few times before pulling the trigger.

1. Had 4 - 6v batteries that we replaced by 2 - 12v lithium batteries = approx 200 lb weight savings plus 10 year warranty.

2. Replaced lithium ready converter to a dedicated converter for lithium batteries - otherwise lithiums won't be fully charged (as explained to me)

3. I do have 2 - 160w solar panels with residential fridge. Only limiting bondoggle items now are waste tanks and fresh water but we can go quite a while before those items come into play.

4. 40k miles in the last few years (all over US heat and cold) plus live in AZ. Heat never bothered lithium charging. Batteries are behind my propane tanks in the front so no direct heat. One could always move them up under the master bed but it'll never get hot enough to do that.

5. Best change I ever made - so far. Might go to Vroom slide if my Schwentek slide ever goes out again (one of the drive motors went out).
azeagleye is offline   Reply With Quote