Thread: Return Air
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 03:32 AM   #4
Secondwind962
Established Member

M.O.C. #30103
It’s down in the high teens this morning and the water hasn’t frozen so I’m good there. I heat the rv with the electric fireplace and a couple small electric heaters as much as possible, but I’d still like to be able to use the gas furnace to knock the chill off when needed. It’s a sizable draft before I covered it up. It would certainly blow a match out I believe. I climbed in the basement ( pretty small on this unit) and didn’t really feel it in there. It’s has a heat vent in it as well. The very top where the floor joists are is the only opening in there. Doors are tight. Under belly looks pretty tight. The refrigerator ( residential size) is up on the elevated platform as is the water heater so I don’t think they’re related.
Is there any way that I could be getting a back draft through the furnace exhaust? I would think I’d be having a CO2 issue when it’s running if that were the case. It has me baffled ( no pun intended) but I’m getting cold natured in my old age and I need to do something with it.
I’m thinking about making some shutters out of aluminum flashing and 1/4” rod, similar to the shutter in the range exhaust hood. I just hope the furnace has enough suction to open them
Secondwind962 is offline   Reply With Quote