Thread: Snap Pads
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2022, 09:18 PM   #13
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Reading thru another thread prompted me to ask this question about "snap pads". After paying around $200 for six pads that are basically just a 1-1/8" bigger on the total circumference of a circle (rounding off the hexagon shape) ... looking back, do those of you that have bought these feel you really didn't think this purchase thru? My 6 scrap treated 2X6"'s appear to do the same intended job and "no" ... taking 2 minutes to retrieve them from my truck box is not defined as a bother to me.
So... not sure why you started this thread? It seems you have made your choice to not buy them. Your language seems needlessly controversial... are you actually looking to learn something, or just stir the pot while you entertain yourself??

BTW, I thought the purchase through and they are much better than anything else I have tried. "basically just a 1-1/8" bigger"?? - try them if you would like to learn how they actually work; IMHO much better than you seem to think. And, no, your 2x6's do not do the same intended job.

Brad