View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:19 AM   #5
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
I also use RV Trip Wizard for planning. Sadly, the algorithms in the online routing are not the same as their mobile app, which can change your routing to avoid things you want to avoid while towing. While I subscribe and use the online planning tool (the best tool I've found so far) I am disappointed when the different versions of their software don't match. A trip that you plan online that shows a 4 hour drive may change to much longer in the mobile app in order to route you around something. It doesn't really happen much but the disparity is a bummer. I've spoken to their tech people and it doesn't sound like they plan to change that.

As for the Garmin, when I bought my 770-RV I bought it used on eBay at a much lower price than one of the newer models. It's in great condition, works well, and still gets the updates. I don't know what you gain with the pricey newer models that I don't have in my 770 but I still have up-to-date maps for safe RV routing. Just a thought...
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote