Thread: Anderson hitch
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 12:22 PM   #10
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by glb1950 View Post
Want to add an auxiliary tank to my yet to be received RAM 3500 short box. Anybody have an Anderson hitch that could give me the measurement from the front of the hitch to the bulkhead? The tank I want is 19" deep, will I have room? If I just could get them to move the bloody thing from SLC to my dealer, I could measure it myself. Thanks for any information.
Greg,

As Rondo mentioned, there was a memo from Keystone earlier this year that Lippert will no longer warranty any frame or pinbox issues when using any hitch that needs an "adapter" on the pinbox. The actual memo was posted here on the forum in about Feb or March of this year.
So, the new policy from Lippert means that Keystone/Montana will also not warranty any issues that may arise.
This will affect the Anderson hitches, as well as any others that require an adapter on the pinbox.

We loved our Anderson and used it for over 30,000 miles on our last unit. But, we sold it and had the dealer install a Reese Goosebox. Not exactly cheap, but I really like it. It replaces the pinbox and has an air ride and shock absorber built in. It really does work well, and I also really like that now in my box all I need is my goose ball and chain attachments - no hitch in the bed at all!

Some have continued to use their Anderson hitches, but I see that you have a new Montana and getting a new truck. So make sure you are comfortable with potential warranty claim issues if you want to continue to use your AUH.

hth,
Brad