View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #172
montanaowner
Established Member

M.O.C. #26686
I haven't changed a single plan of mine due to COVID 19. Still bought my RV. Moved in full time. Still traveling for work. Right now I am in between jobs and on a long term spot near a lake. Definitely not going to let COVID 19 cramp my style as much as that is possible. Just not very social right now.

What I am doing is wearing a mask when I am in contact with the public and following CDC recommendations. Just got back from working a hot zone and saw it every day. None of the folks I worked with got sick. We were all careful to mask, gown and face shield with every encounter.

The CDC recommendations work. It isn't 100 percent. Something could happen however, WE have control over our own choices and that includes avoiding the public in general if you are high risk. It certainly was a high risk situation in my last job and we were able to mitigate that. I do believe most of the public could do the same with a few minor behavioral change. Seems to be difficult for some folks though.

This is a serious public health threat. Not at all trying to suggest it is not. It is just not the fearsome monster the news media reports daily. We have identified 1.4% of the population as having COVID. Yet the media keeps trying to scream out 5 MILLION. Those raw numbers mean very little and the data collected by the states at times has been questionable. When you really dig into available public data it looks like we are "statistically" having roughly the same problems that the rest of the densely populated countries are. That just doesn't create clickbait headlines so we probably won't hear that reported.

This is anectdotal however, the infections that I saw seemed to cluster in families or some other close encounters. That tells me there needs to be some time of exposure and a fairly robust viral load in order to get an infection going. I saw very few random cases where the person didn't have close contact with an infected invidivdual.

I have to say, go out, have fun, keep your plans if you're able to modify them in the context of this pandemic. No sense in stopping life in its tracks if you are able to safely enjoy and entertain yourself.
montanaowner is offline   Reply With Quote