View Single Post
Old 05-02-2023, 08:19 AM   #9
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Frist update:
After half a day of frustration, I HAD to make an appointment with my family doctor for a "referral" to a surgeon. So today, I'm meeting with him for the "referral". Appointment is at 2:30.

What's the frustration? OK... Friday about 6:00 I realized I had that letter and attempted to call the phone number supplied, just to find out they were closed and would open Monday morning at 8:00 am.

I waited and bit my teeth all week-end. Monday morning at 8:15 I called. Just to find out they are on Central time and Indiana is on Eastern. I had to wait another hour.

OK, I made the call again and got right through. No waiting. I got the information, told the rep my dilemma with my doctor retiring and she advised going through my health system to locate another doctor.

I then tried calling the original phone number for my original surgeon's office (still part of the same system) and was on HOLD for 30 minutes. By now, I'm fuming! What's going on with me and phone calls! Sheesh!

So, now I'm even more mad. I hung up and tried calling my family doctor! Unbelievable .... I was on HOLD for 15 minutes and never got through. Now I'm beyond mad.

I decided to drive over. The distance is about 20 miles one way, since we no longer live in that area, but while driving, I REALLY tried to keep my cool.

Well, the main road going from my house to town has 2 bridges out. I took the back road, local yocal detour that's not posted (you know what I mean).

I went back to the original office where my original surgeon was and ... there is now no orthopedic doctors in that building, no joint replacement surgeons any more! There was a cosmetologist (ok, a pimple doctor!) I did go in and talk to the receptionist and she said the surgeons moved out of that building years ago. And she said, THEY were not part of my health care network either. I thanked her politely and decided to go to the MAIN hospital this time.

OK, I got help, but by now, I'm exploding. OK, I was rough on that old lady, but she listened. She got ahold of my doctor office and was able to talk to a real person. I ended up talking to my doctor's nurse and after a lengthy discussion, she asked if I wanted to be transferred to make an appointment and I politely told her HELL NO. I wasn't going to be on hold for another 30 minutes or longer. I was at the hospital (within a mile) and I'd just come in and make the appointment. She was OK with that.

I thanked the dear lady and apologized for being so gruff and really did thank her, because she was the first person who actually helped me.

I took of in the truck only to be detoured by yet another road construction. The road my doctor's office was completely blocked ... OH GREAT! More frustration.

I ended up driving another couple miles so I could turn around, and cut through a gas station, came out the other side, and swung around to the other end of the road for my doctor's office.

I then finally went inside and was able to make an appointment for today!

When telling my story to the office people who made the appointment, SHE told me their phones were out all morning, not working right, and it was affected across their entire health care network.

Now you know the rest of the story!
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote