View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 09:22 AM   #9
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
It depends on the inverter. Most inverters today have an internal pass through relay/transfer switch that prioritizes the AC input whether it's shore or generator. There is a transfer switch in the rig that switches between shore and generator. I recently learned it prioritizes generator for exercising purposes. I'll be changing that as my gen will exercise when I tell it to.

Depending on how your inverter is programed will determine if the inverter is on all the time. I have my Dimensions programmed to allow me to turn it off at the remote. This allow me to eliminate any parasitic draw when not in use and I dont have to use the battery disconnect.

Example while boondocking and sleeping or in bad weather the solar will not provide enough to keep the batteries charged. Rather then leaving the trailer to flip the battery disconnect I just turn off the inverter from the remote. No I don't have a residential fridge.

To the OP's comment that the inverter turns on after cycling the battery disconnect. I had a similar problem with my first inverter and replaced it. Dimensions has some issues with these models. That's why I asked what inverter do you have?