View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Thanks Bob. I tried an EZ Out on the broken off bolt portion of the thumb screw but no luck. I was hoping with better tools at home I can extract the bolt piece and use a standard thumb screw (with some paint work). Otherwise, drilling straight through and using a regular bolt may be the answer.

An exact replacement would be an easy and quick fix *IF* I can find the OEM manufacturer. There is a guy on FB who has the same fixture which broke. He says he is going to try to fix it. I told him that I am willing to take it off his hands if that doesn't work out.

The other issue is I had to cut the 12V wires at the ceiling to remove the fixture. There is no room at the top of the fixture to use butt connectors to attach the wires again when reinstalling. That means I need to re-wire the fixture from the socket up through the top to give me enough slack to butt connect and hide them under the cap in the ceiling. How the lens and socket come off is not obvious. Yet another exploration adventure. That is why a total replacement is looking better and better.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote