View Single Post
Old 04-03-2022, 06:46 PM   #11
firestation12
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24588
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarranR View Post
I've newly installed Firestone RideRight 6401 and an Air Lift WirelessAir. I'm starting to play with settings. I hear 8-10PSI un-hitched and somewhere between 50-80 with the rig on. I'd be interested to hear what others are doing. I know it depends on TV, rig-level mods, packed weight etc. but please share you're settings - it'll be good to see what the community does with these things...

Thanks
Darran
Darran, for any given hitch weight, you’ll need less air pressure if the truck is a 1 ton compared to a 3/4 ton. The trucks I’ve had , needed 45 psi for a 1 ton and 75 psi for a 3/4 ton (both trucks towing the same 40’ 5th wheel. When not towing, I remove as much air as the minimum psi the manufacturer has designed the air spring to retain, which is 5 psi. The air springs have internal joust bumpers, that take the place of the factory joust bumpers that have to be removed to install the new air springs. The ride it not changed from the stock setup. I was pleasantly surprised that my current 2020 F-350 rides better unloaded, than the previous 2017 F-250..
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote