View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:14 AM   #4
jfaberna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13909
When we pull the Monty, we have Waze on the phone to get the latest travel info and Rand McNally GPS to make sure there are no low bridges on the path we have chosen. We compare the Waze and the R-M GPS to see if they differ and try to double check any concerns with the large laminated R-M Truck atlas which is the bible for truck routes. Our 2014 Ram 3500 has no GPS builtin and I'm not replacing it since the Cummins 6.7 isn't even broke in yet with only 90,000 miles.

On the way to and from the MOC Rally we might try to test different solutions. I can drive to Goshen with my eyes closed so there is no real need for any GPS, but after the Rally we will be exploring and having the right solution would be good.

The R-M/Good Sams GPS still knows where the Pilot/Flying J's are as well as the rest areas so it sill does a good job on the Interstate system and major truck routes since they don't change much. My wife's phone will have Waze on it. I was thinking I could have RVTW GPS on my phone and compare them.

I do hate having all the devices on the front windshield. Because I also have TPMS and a wireless camera display on the back of the RV.
jfaberna is offline   Reply With Quote