View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #34
BusyCarol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12641
UPDATE: For those who are thinking of getting the Onan Generator and have their rig 'generator ready' here is what we found out via Keystone and digging around our rig.

There is NO 'T' for the LP on our model. Per Keystone that is because various installers were wanting the T to be in other places so they just have the installers install it so we don't end up with an extra one. There is an Automatic Transfer Switch...however the rep couldn't tell us where it was located. We can install either the Onan Marquis Gold 5500 or 6500 with either 2-30A or 1- 30A and 1-20A. We are planning on doing the 2-30A (remember I am married to an Electrical Engineer so more amps is always better!)

So digging around in the pass through we pulled the wall where the 'cable TV, staellite' outlets are and found the Automatic Transfer Swtich directly behind those hookups. It had BEAUTIFUL wiring done! My husband, an Electrical Engineer, was very impressed! He took pictures of the wiring so we could study how it is setup so we can decide if we can do the Energy Command Module from Onan. The wires that are wired to the Auto Transfer Swtich then go up the wall, across the celing of the pass through (orange thick cable) to an electrical box on the ceiling near the wall where the generator is. So my husbands understanding is that when the generator is installed they just punch a hole through the front pass through wall and they have immediate access to the wiring. If anyone needs a picture of the automatic transfer wiring or box please PM me. We took several pictures.

We hooked our two Yamaha 2000i models in tandem to the unit and they do NOT run the air conditioner. They do run everything else. Thanks again to everyone who replied. Please keep your input coming. We are now looking at the Onana Marquis Gold 6500 with Energy Command Module
BusyCarol is offline   Reply With Quote