View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:25 PM   #53
musicislife08
Established Member

M.O.C. #24852
Ya i had checked windy before leaving but the area we went through was an hour outside of carlsbad and conditions had changed drastically as when i had checked there was supposed to be very little wind in the pass. little did i know that was wrong.

Gusts were measured by the parks service in the Guadalupe mountain pass afterwards at upwards of 70+ mph gusts with sustained winds of 30+ and were constantly changing direction and even though i was driving 45 mph it was nowhere near slow enough to stop that rig from going. by the time i seen the trailer going over there was nothing i could do. while we were out there trying to gather as much as we could the wind changed direction probably 3-4 times in just about every direction and i was blown off my feet a couple of times it was that windy. Avoid the Guadalupe mountain pass at all costs if there is any chance of wind. take the long route south to i10 as its much safer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozwell View Post
There is a great app we always check before traveling called “Windy”. Gives you current and predicted wind speeds. In my experience its been very accurate.

Of course, sudden gusts can not always be predicted and life happens. Could happen to any of us.

Another thought.... looks like your truck did a great job protecting you. Class A’s are not as safe as trucks and why we went with a 5er!

Good thoughts to you and your wife and praying for safe return of your kitty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd727 View Post
So that people may learn from your misfortune, how strong were the winds? What relative direction where they from your direction of travel? How fast were you driving? Where did it happen?
https://www.instagram.com/adventure_overloaded/
musicislife08 is offline   Reply With Quote