Thread: RV Cover
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2022, 06:26 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I had a 45x18x 16’ eave ht. pre-engineered carport built by a local seller that I had used in the past for other projects (January 2021). I had panels run down 8’ on the west side (I have a garage bldg on the west that provides shade in the late afternoon). I ran panels dow 4’ on the east side. At the time I ordered I had a huge huisache tree on the east side providing lots of shade but the big Texas ice storm Feb 2021 killed it. Wish I had run the panels lower now. I had anchors installed for 90 (?) mph winds because the wind blows hard and regular out here. I installed the gravel base myself with a rented bobcat…well…I got the bobcat for free thru the company I work for. The gravel was $220 for about 10 cy…I live close to the pit. The cost of diesel now will affect that in a big way. The structure was $8500 IIRC. I originally set my budget at $5000 several years ago but prices go up (surprise surprise). I had some electrical work run to a couple of barn buildings and it included running 50 amp service for the RV for $6500, but that cost will depend on the distance for your underground or overhead lines. I put mine underground. Many of these pre-engineered guys have calculators on their website so that you can put in your length - width - height etc. and it will give you the cost. It ain’t cheap. Here is the only pic I could find on this iPad.

Edit: I live out in the country and I did not have to get a permit or ask any of my neighbors or neighborhood association if I could install this cover. Nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E95CC779-AEB6-450E-8463-0442CFED39DD.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	13024  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote