Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryles View Post
Looking at the diagram one of our members made,
Could be
the bypas valve
The Cold water check valve,
Or
The hot water check valve.

I use compressed air to blow out the pipes then pour antifreeze into the traps and holding tanks.
I have found that using compressed air like talked about above is a much better/easier way to winterize and is not hard to make an adapter from your local big box home improvement store. You need a threaded connection to go on the end of your air compressor hose that then mates up to a 90 degree swing valve (to allow you to start and stop air flow as needed) and then goes to a male water hose fitting. Only precaution is set the air pressure at no more than 40psi so you don't over pressurize the piping. If you have a canister water filter in your supply line somewhere you DON'T want to pump antifreeze through it as it will kill the filter material, but you also don't want to leave the shell of the filter filled with water as it will rupture the bottom of the canister if it freezes (I have proven this works). Using air pushes all the water out of the canister and I use less than a gallon of antifreeze in the traps and holding tanks.
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote