View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 04:36 AM   #7
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I’m sorry you have issues in your slides. You need to find and correct the leaks or your problem will get worse. There are videos on YouTube from people who have repaired or replaced rotten slide floors. Search for and watch those videos. I have also seen videos of folks treating the rotten plywood with an epoxy mixture. I have no experience for fixing rotten floors - but I have seen some good videos.

I have a 2018 3921FB and I have not experienced these problems in any of my slides. Additionally - my fridge does not leak water, however - the first thing to check are the valves and connections for the ice maker. I have a valve under the bottom drawer on the left side of the fridge. Take the drawer out and look at the valve. Check the connection at the fridge.

See screen shots below.

1. Check the caulking on top of the aluminum angle trim at the bottom of all of your slides. The black woven material on the bottom of your main slides is called darco. I would clean the existing caulk and reseal using ProFlex RV clear.
2. Caulk along the top of both windows. Some folks have removed the window frame, install new butyl tape and reinstall the windows.
3. The bottom trim angle on the kitchen slide is just like I describe in item 1 above.

For item 1 and 3, do a google search for “slide skis” or look for them on Amazon. There are many videos on YouTube showing how to install slide skis. When properly installed, a leak at the bottom corner trim will be stopped and the darco edge will be protected.

You should also get on a ladder and look at the black roof trim piece at the top of the slide to check for missing roof sealant. Use rubber conditioner on all wiper seals to keep them in good shape.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	222DA819-7029-44F4-A270-124545C8E60D.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	14309   Click image for larger version

Name:	50E9AB0F-4053-4053-B3F7-B26F6B525130.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	14310  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is online now   Reply With Quote