Thread: Retirement ....
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 08:08 PM   #29
LERD
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #27487
Congratulations on your retirement. I just retired Dec 31st. I still can't believe its here. After 3 seperate careers, the last being over 26 years with the phone company, I'm done. I did get a little emotional as I was leaving, but not for the work, even though I loved it. I will miss the guys, some of the most miserable cusses I could have ever had the pleasure to work with. Anyone who's ever worked in a shop style atmosphere knows what I'm talking about. But I left earlier than some, I'm 62. So you have those worries of am I leaving too early, what about the money ... etc. etc. etc. The reality is we never know when God takes us. I've lost friends who were in their 20's, 30's, 40's and so forth. So I'm in my transitioning phase. I'm currently in Mexico till February and then coming home to new beginnings. Because our real estate market is so good right now, we'll sell the house and travel. Hopefully updating the truck and 5er soon after the sale. 3-4 years full-time and maybe then DW will want a home base. Then we'll still travel, just not full-time. Works for me either way. Just like many of us, we've planned for it our whole careers. Now that it's here, it's time to embrace it and live it to our fullest. Safe journeys fellow brother in Christ.
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote