View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #86
uhftx
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2446
Having dealt with and having access to a machine shop at work. I think Linwoods machine shop is a place I would love to visit. Maybe a bucket list item. The science is having a vision and taking raw materials and doing something with them which develops into a theory and results in a product which people can use and study.

As for the Covid. It is a fluid situation and everywhere is different. Masks are preventative but areas have higher number of cases than others. This changes day by day. In some cases twice a day. Dependenet on where you are.

I have chosen to stay put for a while. The north eastern US is fairly safe. Alaska is a good choice. But remember you have to travel and come into contact with others along the way.
How is your personal health, What is your personal risk, Where do you wish to travel to. How comfortable are you with rolling the dice?

It will continue to change; And no one can predict the results. We can only rely on what the media is reporting factual or other.

Preppers: Stock up for shortages. MRE's, fuel shortages could be possible. Aluminum can shortage is current. Coins are now a shortage. At this point anything under the sun could become shortage. I heard Walmart in some areas shelves are bare for certain products. Furniture is just one example.
I'm sure it is all Chinese made which is most of Walmart products.

I think I covered all three topics in this thread. Haha
I do know 3 people who have died from this. Two in their 50's husband and wife and another in a different town our district adjutant in his 60's.

Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
Lynwood - machine shop is also a science too. Just pick up a copy of Machinery's Handbook.

Then there is this to consider