View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:01 PM   #22
BrianVer2
Established Member

M.O.C. #31132
I made progress yesterday on the hydraulics. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, especially after mentioning that there is evidence of flood damage... After adding the second battery and charging the DC system for some hours and the same symptoms existed, I realized that it was acting like an automotive system with dirty battery cables! I pulled the most corroded cable I first saw where the cable moved independently from the terminal lug. I thought "Aha!" IO don't have a proper cable crimper here in Santa Rosa. Cleaned the lugs as best I could, them proceeded to another and another. Next trip back to to ranch I will grab my big cable crimper set. In the meantime I'll order a dozen each of the the two sizes cable ring connectors.
Of course after resolving the electrical connector issues, I noticed the hydraulic fluid reservoir was low again. Sigh. One of our cats got out last night causing me to peak under the trailer in search of of the sneaky cat, I saw an oil leak. Thank you cat. [/SIZE]