View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
Paperthreads

M.O.C. #26421
Thanks for the reply.

I did not use another thermometer to actually check the temperature. But don't think I need to. Even if it's off a few degrees in temp, it doesn't matter if I have it set to warmer or lower.

For example, it could be 69 degrees in here, and if I have the thermostat set to 71 - I would expect it to kick on. When on gas, if does kick on once there is a 2 degree variance. But for the electric, it won't kick on until there is a 6 degree variance. So to get that furnace to kick on again when it's 69, i have to turn it up to 75. If it's set to 75, but is only 72, I have to bump it up to 78. As soon as I bump it up so there is a 6 degree variance, it will kick on, and then, I can bump it back down to the temp I want, and it will heat until it hits that temp on the display.

So basically, I'm messing with it all day long to get it to kick on, but not get too boiling hot in here.

A 6 degree variance just seems like it's a little too much. At least its consistent. I'm just wondering if it's a setting , and can be changed so it kicks on with a 2-3 degree variance.
Paperthreads is offline   Reply With Quote