View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
copperminer

M.O.C. #27429
I don’t think it working correctly and would add it to you list of items to have the dealer to look at. On my 2021 Montana 3120RL You either select ELECTRIC or GAS. Sounds like others may say HP or FURNACE. But if I select ELECTRIC as soon as the temp on the thermostat drops one degree below the setting the Heat Pump comes on. But if the heat pump isn’t able to hold or raise the temperature and the temperature reading on the thermostat decreases to 6 degrees below the setting the gas furnace will kick on. Or if when first setting the thermostat to ELECTRIC and the temperature reading on the thermostat is 6 degrees or more below the setting, both the heat pump and the furnace will come on to warm the room up quicker. This is known as two stage heating. Sounds like your thermostat is mis wired or mis programmed and the heat pump is cycling at the second stage setting instead at the first stage setting and then from what stated the furnace isn’t coming on at all when the thermostat is set to ELECTRIC.
copperminer is offline   Reply With Quote