View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 11:05 AM   #26
Frenchy
Established Member

M.O.C. #21550
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarwin View Post
What do others do to keep pipes behind the convenience panel from freezing? We’re outside Ft Worth where it’s been sub freezing for 3 days. We’re using a heated water hose. Yesterday it got up to 33 and I found water running out from beneath the basement. I opened the basement and found it flooded. I pulled the panel behind the convenience panel off and found the water pump had frozen and cracked. Luckily there was a CW about 10 miles away with a replacement pump. This morning (17 degrees) I went to replace it and found all the pipes behind the panel frozen. I’ve got a small room heater in there now thawing it out. Keystone advertises 4 season protection. False advertising?
Just survived the Minnesota winter. For two weeks we were negative 30 !! I use a 90w outdoor flood light inside the belly and have it shine toward the plumbing!!! Did it after my first freeze and never happened again. I don’t think it’s false advertising but there is a lot of gaps which allows cold air in. I also had a 2 inch foam skirting!!
Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote