View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 11:00 AM   #7
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
If you are already winterized, just carry water in gallon jugs in the shower. Check the weather Channel for overnight temperatures along your route. Once you get to about 30⁰F night times temperatures you can de-winterize and not worry about the pipes/tanks freezing. Keep your tank heaters on at night. Turn them off while traveling (will drain batteries). Make sure you have shore power. Batteries will not run the furnace AND the tank heaters all night long. In fact unless you have a big battery bank the ones that come with your rig will not run your furnace continuously all night long (i.e., no boondocking).
While traveling winterized carry RV antifreeze to flush toilets. If you put water down the sinks, pour a little antifreeze in the trap.
I have never traveled with my furnace on even though the vents are not covered with the slides in. I do not know what the manufacturer recommends regarding this.
If you choose to do so I would recommend turning it off before pulling into a gas station.
You will be fine.
Be safe and have fun.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote