View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 02:04 PM   #8
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maks View Post
We are trying to leave for a much warmer climate but our weather at home is not cooperating. Currently temps outside average -15F and drop at night to -25F.
I'm used to towing in cold temps but I'm concerned about what that might due to our fifth wheel. We have about 6 days of driving to get where we want to go and we will not be staying in our trailer until it's at least 50F outside. (currently fully winterized)
Any thoughts or advice on towing in such cold temps? Would I be damaging our trailer if I attempt it?
We pull a 2018 3790rd with an HDT (customized Volvo 730). Not worried about the truck, just the trailer.
First let me say, your Truck is awesome, at one time we had a Freightliner Sports chassis, with a Mercedes Diesel, with the Allison transmission. The best ride, ever, everything was on air ride and we towed a Chevy HHR behind the Mobile Suites, all over the lower 48 excluding the extreme West Coast. We also towed threw cold weather escaping to Florida. We kept it winterized until we arrived in Florida, towed thru 3+ inches of snow. No issues all all. Good Luck!

Happy trails.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote