View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 06:52 PM   #13
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofcy View Post
I used to have one of those. I never had a problem with it. I didn't even know it could be 'programmed' The only reason I sold it was because I put in a 3,000 watt Victron to go with the 600AH of battery. Magnum is one of the top companies in that field, so I can't relate to your frustration. Remember the inverter is connected to a transfer switch (not same as generator transfer) usually mounted on the ceiling this is why the inverter should always be on as it's that transfer switch that controls if the load is being powered by shore power or inverter. At least on my 2018 Montana that is how it was wired. The inverter should be in either PS1 or PS4.

Well first off Magnum is a Chinese made inverter and definitely not one of the best. It doesn't even make the top 10. Xantrex, Aims, Renogy to name a few are better. The inverter isn't connected to a transfer switch as it has a switch built in that sees and passes through any AC present to the inverted outlets that it's connected to. There is only one transfer switch in the trailer that switches between shore and generator. Yes programed to PS1 means the inverter is ALWAYS on unless you go outside and physically shut off the battery disconnect. PS4 enables the on/off button on the control panel so at night all I have to do is press it. This way no parasitic drain on the batteries.