Thread: Heating
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #6
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Can I ask a follow-on question to the OP’s post? I’m also preparing to stay in my Montana (3625RE) full time over the winter. This model does not have factory tank heaters. I am planning on fully skirting the underside and placing one or two space heaters under there to keep everything warm. For people who have stayed in their RV’s over winter would adding tank heaters also be a wise precaution or unnecessary? In my mind if the tanks are freezing the pipes have likely frozen too? Thanks in advance!
If you are well skirted (no drafts) AND block all the holes in your frame (I used gorilla tape) to help stop drafts, AND you put a couple small ceramic heaters underneath on the lowest setting, you should be fine without tank heaters.
Again to monitor your temperatures buy a package of 3 remote thermometers. Put one outside, one underneath and one in the underbelly via the access hole under your kitchen island where the drain goes down.
ORIA Indoor Outdoor Thermometer with 3 Wireless Sensors, Digital Hygrometer Thermometer, Temperature Humidity Monitor Meter with LCD Backlight, Wireless Thermometer for Home, Office, Bedroom, White https://a.co/d/gK1eSey
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote