View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 07:02 PM   #9
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
Thanks for all the replies! @Daryles those temps were no skirting, just the RV as it comes from the factory? Any issues with plumbing freezing up?
No skirting.
However, I have installed two 1" layers of insulation in the floor and left/right side walls of the battery compartment (lithium batteries don't like being charged in freezing temperatures). I also put a 12vdc 75W battery warmer standing up on edge against the front wall on the floor of the battery compartment and one in the basement.
When we do travel/camp in freezing weather we are usually winterized. We use Bottled Water.
We have occasionally traveled in freezing conditions and had no issues with freezing plumbing.
Don't forget to DOUBLE insulate the freshwater drain hose sticking down. Although, if you are skirted and have a heater underneath, you shouldn't need to worry about that. Only if you are driving in freezing temps. That freshwater drain hose sticking down in the air stream going down the highway will freeze first.

Have a look at post #34 in this thread.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...kirting&page=2
I would go with 2" styrofoam then cover it with vinyl bead channel skirting to keep everything dry.
Have a look at the picture in that thread.
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote