View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 09:01 AM   #11
gordo
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21136
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
I'm not understanding how you did this. Were you hitched up and moved the trailer while it was still attached to shore power? And when you moved forward it pulled the cord, causing the plastic ring and such on the trailer to break? So you replaced the male connection at the tailer. Is this right? And in so doing, did any of the wire from inside the camper pull out too? Or did just the connection (male) plug on the camper get broken?

Reason I'm asking is because, if the inside wire got pulled, it's possible it came disconnected or even broken inside the trailer floor or walls? I'm not sure what you meant by pulling 3 feet. If 3 feet pulled from inside the wall, then you have a broken wire somewhere in either the walls or the floor of your camper, or at the first junction.

So, I'm just trying to understand what you are describing here.
I'm sorry, my descriptions are kind of vague. Don't mean to be. I had the coach connected to a 30 amp extension cord to the house.

I pulled out, while still connected to the shore power. When the extension cord popped off, it pulled on the coach plug, breaking the plastic cover at the rear of the trailer where the shore power plugs into.
There was no damage to the coach plug, other than the plastic cover piece.

It did however pull some of the internal 50 amp cable out the back.
I replaced the plastic cover piece, and plugged into the shore power. I have power to half the trailer, chairs, ceiling fan, but not to the TVs, vac, plugs.

I hope this better explains things. The buyer knows about this, and I did discount the price a tic, provided I can't figure it out. I just don't like selling things that are not right.
gordo is offline   Reply With Quote