View Single Post
Old 01-22-2023, 10:35 AM   #27
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
The returns and outlet on the ACs are two different animals with no connection between the two unless you already have an AC issue. So it can't recycle the inside warm air. All they'll do is blow cold air.
I "think" what they are describing is the "warm" are inside the coach produced by the "electric" heating devices (fireplace and electric space heaters). The "return" vent on the Air Conditioner/ Heat pump, pulls that warm air and simply pumps it through the air ducts.

Putting the AC in "fan" mode only will do the same thing. (maybe even do it better.)

I will admit, I tried doing this. But when temps get to about 20 degrees outside, there simply is nothing but COLD in those ceiling air ducts. The "warmth" being cold from the inside of the coach area is NOT enough to warm the ducts up. Nothing but cold pumps out of the ceiling. It's actually counter productive. Now, running the gas furnace and placing those same space heaters around in different locations.... THAT works! But using that heat pump, I agree with you....
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote