View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 06:23 PM   #7
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahdmeyer View Post
thx for the reply I will do more research on the batteries. Agreed they dont come cheap but the warranty is 10 years if they stand behind it i do have a 3000 watt generac inverter/ generator to recharge the batteries but the ones in there now from keystone are just 2 marine batteries plus i put in a third one and it is plugged in in my garage when not being used, i think this az heat is also hard on batteries. i unplugged it today and they only lasted 3 hrs with nothing else on. thats why i want to replace them not sure if i can get away with 2 I hope.
thx
al meyer
3931fb
az
A couple of things. How warm do you want to keep the trailer? If youare good with 60 at night, you are probably good now - unless we get a cold freeze in AZ - happened once in my 34 years here. I have camped in Big Horns in Wy where ice formed on the mud puddles. I can make it thru until morning with my 2 6V batteries if I am careful and don't run a bunch of lights in the afternoon or evening. The furnace is the killer. I believe they take around 10 amp/hr when running. At 35 degrees or so I think mine ran about 75% of the time - which is 7-8AH. So if you start at 8 pm and run it until 6 am, that is 10 x 8 or 80AH with nothing else running. Since you aren't supposed to run regular batteries below 50%, you need 160AH of battery. I have run mine to almost 0 a few times and they still lasted 5 years at least. Since youhave a genny, all you need is enough to get thru the night and fire it up in the morning.
Good luck.

EDIT: I forgot the 2nd thing. LOL

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote